We’re officially one week out with a re-vamped menu and everything’s coming up ROSES!!
That planning brain of mine is really working for me. My partner’s cousin after reading my last blog post suggested that we do a taco bar for the wedding– and I am taking that idea and RUNNING WITH IT. One thing I observed about myself today is that I like having puzzles to solve. Another (that I’ve known for a very long time) is that I am extremely motivated by deadlines. (Not unlike most other human beings).
Getting down to the wire– these days are packed full. Here’s the run-down of my wedding-related accomplishments on this day just seven days and counting:
- Woke up and realized my body needed to take a Pilates class.
- RE-REinvented the wedding menu after a great suggestion from a soon-to-be family member.
- Listened to my body and TOOK CARE OF MYSELF (i.e. went to Pilates). [SLOW CLAP]
- Came home and took my maid of honor to get her dress altered.
- Somehow convinced my partner without any threats or coercion to go with me to his most favorite place on a Saturday, Costco.
- Bought and priced wedding related items and inched ever closer to feeling totally on top of it in terms of this wedding. (Lists really are a magical thing).
- Took more steps towards KEEPING IT SIMPLE. (So hard for me to do)…
- Met with one of my dear friends to strategize the next week as it relates to our nuptials, and gave her 10 lbs of chicken to cook for me. (talk about some delegating)
- Realized that I’ve actually got it together so much more than I knew when this day began and all I was aware of was my back hurting.
- Had a very important meeting with my flower girl and tasked her with finding the perfect basket for her flower petals. (She’s already got one in mind).
- Decided, along with said flower girl, what type of flower petals that basket of hers was going to have. (cherry blossoms)
- Went out on a date with my man.
- Ordered serving trays and cupcake storage containers that will make me very popular in certain (as of yet undefined) circles.
- Got one day closer to marrying my most favorite person on the planet.
That about says it all. My exhaustion is real and my planning brain is currently not interfacing well with my writing brain– and my dreaming brain is doing its best to take over for the both of them…
2 thoughts on “Lists really are a magical thing”
Taco bar is even better. Perfect!!
LikeLiked by 1 person